Friday, November 27, 2009

Holiday Decor - I heart Christmas

My little red and silver tree....it always looks so much prettier in person. My tree skirt was a monogrammed aisle runner at my wedding. I love that I found a practical way to use it that will be enjoyed by me and my husband years from now!
The mantle....need one more stocking for Ginger Girl and then another one next year for my baby boy.

My good ole' trusty centerpiece now filled with sparkly Christmas balls and a huge sparkly white pillar candle.

More Shimmer, Sparkle, and Shine!

I threw my "kissing ball" and another huge glittery, red ball on top of my candle holders that held my white pumpkins during the fall.

More balls....

I love this wreath. I bought it on sale at Pier One two years ago and have been dying to use it. Finally!

Last but not least....my front porch. We added a new storm door this week because Ginger destroyed the screen in the one that came with the house. I didn't care much for it anyway, so I was happy to replace it. It kind of hides my new wreath though....
I hosted Thanksgiving at my home two days ago, and finally finished cleaning everything up yesterday morning (phew....lots of work) only to begin putting up the Christmas decorations. I can't mix the two holidays....they are two different feelings for me. One has to be over before I begin thinking about the other. And now that Turkey Day is over.....I'm moving on!

I'm a red and silver girl through and through when it comes to Christmas (I like a little lime green in there too). And I love anything that sparkles and shimmers. Last year during the holiday season, I was moving out of my condo and into my in-laws home for a few months while we searched for a house. Needless to say, I couldn't decorate at all for Christmas and it killed me! So, I felt like I was a kid in a candy shop this year as I broke out all my boxes filled with decorations that I hadn't see in two years! I'd forgotten about half of the decorations I had - so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. Kate-- everything looks great!! I love your blog! It gives me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steph! Glad to give you some inspiration! I get a lot of my ideas from other blogs and websites, and it's fun to share ideas!

    ReplyDelete