Monday, March 22, 2010

{Crafting} Homemade Onesie




My sweet baby boy is one month old today. *Sniffle Sniffle* I can't believe it. I love watching him grow and change each day but part of me wants him to stay just as he is right now. In any case, to celebrate each month of his first year of life, I am making onesies to take his picture in. They are simple....just the number of the month old he is and a little handmade tag with the date on it. I also ordered him a monogrammed chair from PB Kids for him to sit in for his pics.

To make the onesie, I bought a fabric swatch of my choice from Joanne's. Then I enlarged the number one in the font I wanted on MS Word, printed it, cut it out on paper, pinned it on the fabric, and then cut it out on fabric. Then I pinned the fabric one on the onesie and using a needle and thread, I stitched (very unattractively...haha) around it until it was secure. Lastly, I used my scallop punch to make a little tag with the date and safety pinned it on. Presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment