Thursday, May 3, 2012

{Recipes} Chicken Fajitas



Hi! Here's a simple recipe for ya'll. It's one of my quick & easy go-to meals after a busy day of work and always a crowd pleaser {well, if you'd call my two boys a crowd that is}. These may not technically be "fajitas", but I've never claimed to be a food expert, so that means I'm off the hook, right? Ha.

Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
~ Flour tortillas {I use whole wheat}
~ Chicken short-cuts {I like Perdue}
~ 1 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
~ 1 red bell pepper, sliced in strips
~ 1/2 large onion, sliced
~ Grape tomatoes
~ Cheddar cheese
~ EVOO
~ Sour cream & salsa {and any other toppings you might like}

Directions:
1. Place your red & green pepper (sliced in strips) and onion in a large frying pan on medium heat and add about a tablespoon of EVOO.
2. Let your veggies soften a little and then add your chicken. Keep your chicken and veggies over medium heat until veggies are soft and chicken is heated all the way through {I break chicken strips up a little into smaller strips/pieces}.
3. Add grape tomatoes and let those cook for a minute or two.
4. Once your veggie/chicken mixture is ready, turn off heat and sprinkle the entire mixture with cheddar cheese {how much depends on how cheesey you like your fajitas ;-}. Turn mixture over with spoon or spatula and allow cheese to melt all the way through.
5. Place tortilla in heated oven for approximately 2 minutes {or until warm}. Scoop some of your chicken/veggie/cheese mixture into tortilla, top with a little sour cream and salsa.
6. ENJOY!


**This meal took about 20 minutes to prepare -- gotta love that!
**I served my fajitas with Uncle Ben's 90 minute rice {love those packets -- so simple & yummy} and roasted zucchini & squash.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like one I will try this week! I especially like the 20 minutes prep time. thanks Kate

    ReplyDelete