Thursday, July 12, 2012

{Invitations} 60th Birthday


Both of my parents are turning 60 this year -- my Dad in July and Mom in November. My brother, sister, and I thought that was cause for celebration, so we are hosting a small dinner party for them in August. We invited just family -- each of my parent's siblings and their significant others and are hoping for a great little party to celebrate each of them.

We chose August because it falls in between July and November, we love summer entertaining, and my brother and I {both teachers} are off and have more time to focus on the planning and details. Because the dinner is being held in a restaurant, I'm slightly limited as to what I can do, but don't worry, I WILL find a way to add some personalized touches and make it special for my parents.

I love the citrus theme and think it's perfect for summer, so tangerine, lime and lemon yellow are our colors for the event. Check out my Citrusy Sweet board on Pinterest to see where I'll be drawing my inspiration. The invitations are being sent in the mail today, and I'm having fun with the planning. Stay tuned for more details!

**I hope you have been enjoying your SUMMER! When I decided I wanted to be a teacher many, many years ago, I never even considered the perks of having the summers off. Now that I have a little one and another on the way, I am so thankful that I have June, July and August off to enjoy the sweet summer sunshine with my little boy -- it's the BEST!
**I've been working on Dean's big boy room -- not finished yet but we're getting there. Details soon! And we had another built-in added -- pics of that soon too!

2 comments: