Monday, October 22, 2012

{Decorating} Fall Touches

Good Morning and Happy Monday to you ;-} Although I'm not super excited to be starting yet another work week, I am excited that we are in the midst of a beautiful fall season. A few weeks ago I did some fall decorating {simple of course} and thought I'd share.

First up...my mantle. It's rather small, but I'm happy to have one at all. I threw together a combo of twigs and berries, white pumkins, sparkly black spiders, and some other Halloween odds and ends. My favorite? The black crow my MIL bought for me a few years ago. I also love the framed Halloween art my friend Alyssa of Flourish Designs made for me a few years ago.



The old bookcase in my dining received some of the same treatment as my mantle with the twigs and berries.

I was all about pumpkins for my dining room buffet this fall season. Different colors, sizes, textures, etc. I also hung some sparkly black spiders {hard to see} from the different pumpkins. I purchased a pack of spiders {maybe 12 per pack or so} last fall season from Pottery Barn, and I love them. They give me just a touch of sparkle, which I always love, and are a perfect size and Halloween touch.

I couldn't forget about my front porch ;-} I took the outdoor pillows I had purchased for my bench this summer and covered them with inexpensive fabric from Joann's. I had planned on having my grandmom help me with this, but her sewing machine was on the fritz, so I had to handstitch them both myself. UGH -- much more time than I had wanted to devote to these little guys, but I am pleased with the final product.

What's fall without pumpkins? And mums? I love the hogpodge of shapes and sizes up there.

So, that's what fall looks like at my home. What about yours?

**36 weeks pregnant today AND feeling very ready to be finished work and do a little relaxing. Relaxing? What's that? ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment