Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wedding Anniversary = June 22nd!



My first wedding anniversary is in a few days, so I thought it would be appropriate to post a related project that was just completed a few weeks ago. This is not something I made, rather had someone make it for me (I am not that crafty!). Bo and I ordered a monogrammed aisle runner for our big day last June. Loving monograms the way that I do, I really wanted to find a way to use this monogram in our home without it being cheesy. So, after contemplating several ideas, I decided to have the runner made into a Christmas tree skirt. I chose the cream quilted fabric, thread colors to coordinate with the original monogram, and mapped out a design with chocolate brown ric rac (still not sure how I feel about the circles....I think I would have liked it better if they were limited to just around the cut-out hole for the tree, but I guess it's kinda cute and too late now anyway!) and had a seamstress put all of my ideas together. Can't wait to put this around my Christmas tree this year! You can see the runner pre-tree skirt in the above pics.

I'm also working on another random project for my new home that involves some of my favorite wedding pictures and an old window! I'll post it when I'm finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment