Thursday, December 22, 2011

{Holiday} Christmas Cards 2011


Simplicity has been a theme for me this past year, and one of my New Year's resolutions for 2011 was to do just that -- simplify life. I can't say that I've been 100% successful with that {*wink}, but I've definitely tried. Giving my goal one more plug for the year, I applied the simplicity theme to my Christmas cards. I love and appreciate all types of design, but I must say, there is something timeless and classic about a simple look, which I why I went that route this year.


I added very simple wrap labels to each envelope and then hand cut the ends to create a banner look.


Lastly, I added the same picture from the card onto the other side of the wrap label with our return address {teeny tiny but there}.


My mom also wanted a simple card with a picture of the grandbabies, and she choose a very appropriate bible verse to add to her card. "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14. This truly is the reason for the season, and something I am trying to focus on more this year in the midst of all the gift buying, wrapping, parties, etc, etc, etc.

**My Christmas card pic was taken by my favorite photographer, Karen Carpenter Photography.
**My sis nixed Christmas cards altogether this year. She's smart ;-}
**Dean and I are delivering our simple neighborhood gifts this afternoon -- details & recipe tomorrow!
**ENJOY the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment