Thursday, June 30, 2011

{Recipes} Zucchini Bread & Wrapping


Our garden has kicked into high gear, and we have zucchini galore. What's a girl to do with all these wonderful summer veggies? Make zucchini bread, that's what. It was a great way to eat up some of the extra I have lying around not to mention a yummy treat! I'm heading to a girlfriend's house for a coffee date this morning and will be bringing some of this zucchini bread for us to enjoy.

I love creative presentation of food, gifts, mail, anything and everything. I thought this would be a great opportunity to try a creative wrap idea. All I did was use some kraft paper {a brown bag would probably work too}, wrote the recipe out in black Sharpie marker, wrapped it around the zucchini bread, and tied some yarn {twine would be cute too} around the middle to hold everything in place.

How cute would this be around the holidays for those that enjoy baking and giving edible gifts to neighbors, co-workers, etc? This idea would work with cookies too. How about as a favor for guests to take home at a baking party or any party for that matter? Hmmm....ideas, ideas, ideas!

**Zucchini bread recipe -- here.
**Love creative wrapping like me? Check out my Pretty Packaging pinboard with all kinds of cute gift wrapping inspiration!
**Other pinboards I've created and posted ::
-------Fourth of July Flair {looking for last minute ideas for the 4th? Check it out!}
-------Rainbowy Fun {So many bright & cheery ideas!}
-------Coral & Gray {A hot color combo right now and perfect for summer}

No comments:

Post a Comment