Thursday, February 18, 2010

{Decorating} My Little Fella's Nursery

{View of entire nursery}
{Crib and bedding}
{Clean and simple - love it!}
{Leaning ladder shelf, rocker chair, and Roman shades}
{I will be adding personalized signs with my son's name and birth stats to the empty frames on the shelf once he arrives. The "P" is for Powell :o)}
{Changing table/dresser}
{I will be adding some wall art with my little guy's name that I'm working on currently above the changing table or crib - not sure which just yet.}
{Shelf that holds the monitor. I also added some old windows that will eventually serve as picture frames. Once I have my baby's newborn pictures taken, I will add some photos. I contemplated sanding them and painting them white, but I love the old look of them, so kept them in their original state.}
That's it....it's finished! Well almost. Like I mentioned above, I have a few more touches that I will be incorporating that have the baby's name on them, so I won't post those pictures until he's born. Overall, I was going for a clean, soft, and simple look for my baby boy's room. I love soft colors for a baby because they are so sweet and pure. I think when he transitions into a big boy bedroom one day, I will go a little bolder with my color choices. But for now, this is just what I wanted for him.

Shopping Details:
  • Expresso crib and changing table/dresser - SimplyBabyFurniture.com (stylish and affordable furniture)
  • White leaning ladder shelf - Target
  • White chenille rocker and ottoman - Walmart
  • Expresso shelf - Lowes (wish I had gone a little higher quality with this purchase)
  • Wall paint - Benjamin Moore for Pottery Barn Kids (color: white satin)
  • Bedding - Pottery Barn Kids (white pique set with blue stripe)
  • Rug - Pottery Barn Kids (5 x 7 Caine rug)
  • White Roman shades - JC Penny (great sale!)
  • All baskets & bins - Target, Home Goods, Pottery Barn Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment