Thursday, February 25, 2010

{Newborn Shots Prop} Old Baby Cradle

My father-in-law made this cradle a very long time ago, and it's been passed through the family for many years now. Bo and I will use it for Dean for a little while and then pass it on again for the next baby in the family.

It was a little tricky to find the right materials to make this wooden cradle a comfortable place for the baby to lie, but I think I finally did it. I used an egg crate padding made for a twin bed and cut it to fit in the cradle as the bottom layer. On top of the egg crate is a bassinet pad with a fitted bassinet sheet. Lastly, I added a monogrammed pillow just for decoration.

When Melissa of
http://www.melissastottmannphotography.com/ took my maternity shots in January, she saw the cradle in my home and said it would make for some cute photos when she comes to take Dean's newborn shots. Can't wait!

{I purchased this pillow from Etsy a little while ago. I also bought a matching monogrammed onesie that will be cute for Dean's newborn shots!}

No comments:

Post a Comment