Wednesday, May 26, 2010

{Invitations} Becky's Baby Sprinkle

My sister's baby sprinkle invites are done! I will be mailing these out at some point next week. I don't usually post my invitations until they have been mailed to the guests; however, I had a free minute to make my blog post (and those are hard to come by these days *wink*), so I jumped on it!

Instead of making a cake or cupcakes for the sprinkle, I have decided to do an ice cream sundae bar. I thought it would be cute to hint at that in the invites. So, I came up verbage that was fitting for an ice cream party (scoop, sweetie, sprinkle....get it?!?!) and made an ice cream cone with my scallop punch.

My sister is not finding out the sex of this baby (grrrr....), and I didn't want to go the yellow/green route, so I had to incorporate both pink and blue. I brought in a turquoise blue with the envelope that will house the invite. The invite is mostly dark pink, but I threw a little pale pink in there by backing the invite on pale pink shimmery cardstock.

Of course I had to make wrap labels. I used the dark pink/white polka dot scheme on the labels to tie the entire package together.

The inspiration for all of these fabulous colors???? This adorable Pottery Barn bedding above. I noticed this in the catalog a while ago and once my sister announced that the sex of the baby would be a surprise, I knew these would be fun, spunky colors for her sprinkle. I'm looking forward to working on the other pieces I'm creating for the event! Will post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment