Tuesday, June 8, 2010

{Weddings} Guestbook Platter


{Picture taken by In His Grace Photography}
{Custom signs made by Abbey of Abbey Press - www.abbeypressonline.com}

June is the most popular month for weddings, so I'll be making some wedding-related posts this month. I was a June bride and absolutely loved planning my summer wedding. I've been reminiscing about it a lot lately and I was thinking in particular about my guestbook today. You see, it sits in my dining room and every so often, I glance at it to read the personal messages our guests wrote to us on that day. My husband and I decided to have our guests sign a big platter instead of a traditional guestbook. It was one of my favorite things at our wedding....

What unique and creative things did you do at your wedding?

2 comments:

  1. I did the photo guestbook (had an engagement picture placed in a frame and our guest signed around it) however it is so big and I haven't decided where to hang it in our house so it's sitting in a box in our garage :(

    My husband LOVES popcorn so we had a popcorn bar full of different popcorn from Dale & Thomas popcorn and little Chinese food take-out containers so guests could fill them up as they were leaving. It was a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for ideas for my son's first birthday party already and a popcorn bar would be cute! Great idea...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete