Thursday, August 6, 2009

Calling All Cooks to the Kitchen: Easiest Banana Cream Pie Recipe EVER

Ingredients - I bought a vanilla graham cracker pie crust accidentally and it made no difference. Both are yummy.

I use my handy Tupperware chopping machine when chopping my candy into small pieces. I've done it other ways before and this is the easiest and least messy - trust me!

FYI - I don't cover and chill the pudding/coolwhip mixture and then add the remaining coolwhip later like the recipe calls. I put the whole thing together and then chill for an hour or two. I don't have time for all those steps when I've found it doesn't make much difference anyway.

The finished product! You can see the yummy layers of bananas, pudding, coolwhip, and chocolate!

I'm finding that my blog is becoming a conglomeration of all my favorite hobbies (making invitations, crafting, decorating, entertaining, and now cooking) and I kinda like it! So.....here's a banana cream pie recipe that is not only super simple to make but also to-die-for! My husband loves banana cream pie, and I made this for him today because he had a bad day at work. This should cheer him up!
Ingredients:
~ 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla flavored instant pudding mix
~ 1 cup milk
~ 1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
~ 2 bananas, sliced
~ 1 (6 oz) chocolate graham cracker pie crust
~ 3 (1.4 oz) toffee candy bars, chopped (I use a large Hershey's Symphony Bar)
Directions:
~ Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl, stiring with a wire whisk until smooth.
~ Gently fold 1 cup whipped topping into pudding mixture.
~ Toss banana slices over crust. Sprinkle with half of chopped candy.
~ Spoon pudding/coolwhip mix over bananas and candy. Cover and chill 1 and 1/2 hours or until set.
~ Spoon remaining whipped topping on top of pie just before serving. Sprinkly with remaining chopped candy.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment