Sunday, October 3, 2010

{Baking} Experimenting...


...with cupcake skewers this weekend! And I'm so glad I did a trial run with these things. I made some BIG mistakes that I will not make again...

We were headed over to our friends' house this evening for the Eagles game and dinner. I figured it would be a great time to try out these cupcake skewers I've been seeing everywhere. So, I made the mini cupcakes, piped vanilla icing on top, sprinkled with cookies & cream crumbles and green jimmies {for the EAGLES}, tied some green and black ribbon to the skewer/lollipop stick, and stuck them in their base. All fine until...


...I tried to transport them to G & A's. Ughh...these little guys were not meant to be moved! All the bumping and moving from the drive over and they were a wreck! Some slid down the skewers, others completely fell off. Oh well....you win some, you lose some :-}


I had a little extra batter so I made a few regular sized cupcakes and decided to try the pumpkin look with the orange icing, orange sanding sugar, and a little pretzel as the stem. Kinda cute and really easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment