Tuesday, October 19, 2010

{Inspiration} Subway Art


I have been seeing subway art on some of the different blogs I visit, and I'm absolutely loving it. I especially love that you can completely customize your subway signs with information that is personal and meaningful to you.


The two pics above {top from Restoration Hardware and middle from KruBooks} show subway art displaying various cities. If there was a city close to your heart, this would be a cool addition to a room in your home. For example, my husband and I were engaged in Baltimore and married in Philadelphia. If I were going to make or buy my own sign, I would include street names, restaurants, places visited, dates, etc. Hmmmm....might be a good anniversary gift!


Look at this adorable spooky subway sign from Tatertots & Jello, my favorite craft blog EVER. {How cute are the rolled flowers?!?}. This particular sign displays all things Halloween, but this could be done for any holiday.

I've even thought about making one down the road for my son's big boy bedroom with his name, birth stats and some of the things he's interested in. Ideas, ideas, ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment