Saturday, October 30, 2010

{Recipes} Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


Here's one of my new fall favorites...Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. I found this recipe on Katie Grace Designs blog a while ago and loved the sounds of it. I just finally had the chance to get reacquainted with my kitchen this morning while Dean was napping and whipped these up! Mmmmm....LOVE!

Ingredients:
~ 1 cup all-purpose flour
~ 3/4 cup whole wheat flour ****I did not have whole wheat flour on hand so I substituted with all-purpose flour****
~ 1 tsp baking powder
~ 1 tsp baking soda
~ 1/2 tsp salt
~ 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
~ 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
~ 2 eggs, lightly beaten
~ 1 cup canned pumpkin
~ 1/2 cup vegetable oil
~ 1/2 cup honey
~ 1/3 cup water
~ 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
~ 1 bag miniature chocolate chips

FROSTING:
~ 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
~ 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
~ 1 tsp vanilla extract
~ 2 cups confectioners' sugar
****I used Betty Crocker's cream cheese frosting instead of making my own. Because time is not a friend of mine these days, this was much easier and saved me loads of time.****


Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
2. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water in a seperate bowl; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
3. Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
4. For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.

ENJOY!

I'm off to enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend, and for the first time since school started in September, I have absolutely NO PLANS. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment