Wednesday, April 20, 2011

{Invitations} Mother's Day


I am in the process of planning a Mother's Day Brunch for my mom and MIL. The invites have been delivered to the guests of honor, and I finally had the chance to sit down and sketch out my ideas for the brunch. The sketch looks cute -- let's hope the "real thing" turns out the same!


I created 4x9 invites with a simple yellow stripe, pale pink ticking and added the verbage in dark pink. Then I cut a big, dark pink flower with a pale pink center from textured scrapbook paper and used thick double sided tape to give it a "raised" look.


I'm keeping it simple and springy by using pinks and yellows.

Oh -- I almost forgot -- where did the inspiration for this invite and colors come from?


It came from these fondant flower toppers I ordered from Two Sugar Babies. Stay tuned to see how I incorporate them into my dessert spread!

**I'm officially on Spring Break this afternoon at 2:40pm until Tuesday morning when I head back to work -- 5 whole days -- WOOOHOOO! This girl NEEDS some R&R in her life and is taking FULL ADVANTAGE of this time off. Have a wonderful Easter with your loved ones! See you on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I loove those invitations!! Where are the pillows on your rockers from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bec -- pillows are Kohls. Great sale. Let's go shopping when you come home!

    ReplyDelete