Monday, April 4, 2011

{Weddings} This is the Time of Year...

...when my mind drifts back to my own wedding. Three years ago this month, I was caught up in all the fun events leading up to my big day. Dress fittings, showers, bachelorette parties, engagement pictures, rehearsal dinners, etc, etc, etc. I LOVE reliving some of those unforgettable memories.

I'm going to post about some of my favorite weddings over the next few months. Hope you enjoy and perhaps do a little reminiscing of your own!


First up is this stunning, vintage eclectic style wedding from October 2008. I had to begin with the picture of the bride's "reception" dress just to set the stage for the jaw-dropping eye candy you are about to lay your eyes on.

Isn't this dress DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS? After wearing her mother's wedding gown for the ceremony, the bride did a quick change into this billie dress with the most rich looking rosettes I've ever seen. Don't believe me? Take a look below...


Excuse my French but OMG! Told you...


Let me back up for a sec. Let's talk ceremony, shall we? Will you look at the curved path of petals in different shades of pink? Light to dark....be still my heart...


Ready for some seriously cool details? Let's begin with the handmade {by the bride} ceremony programs with fabric holders and ribbon wands that hung from the side of each black ballroom chair.


LOVE...


Table setting -- I'm dying. LOVE EVERYTHING about this! The linens, the pomanders, the black pedestals, the colors, the textures....


So in love with this idea too -- three individual cakes on black cake stands -- not to mention the ballroom mantle that is the backdrop in this picture.


Centerpieces -- I don't know the names of all these unique flowers {spider mums are kinda ringing a bell} but it doesn't matter. You can see for yourself how stunning it all looks. And the sweet little vintage frame that holds the table number...I can't take it.




Heather's DIY table menus -- she added black pom-poms for some depth and texture. Such a creative touch!


How classy is her candy bar? The colors, which you've seen in all the above pictures, are to-die-for :: citron, chartreuse, coral, apricot, and black.


Speechless...


I can't even...


Jaw is on the floor...


Just kill me now...


Handmade wish cards for the guests to fill out. I'm just a little in love with the art-deco vintage style of this entire affair.


AND....handmade ribbon cocktail stirrers...so cute!

Have you stopped drooling yet?


Up next? This over-the-top and totally glittsy glam Vegas wedding. Do you see the table setting below? And the view the guests had the entire night? Yea...you don't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment