Friday, July 29, 2011

{Recipes} Poppyseed Dressing


Last night was Girls' Night at my house, and part of my dinner menu consisted of a big, green salad with my mom's poppyseed dressing. Inspired by Panera Bread's strawberry poppyseed salad that we both love, my mom whipped up her own dressing recipe that has now become my favorite.

My mom made this for Dean's Little Mister Mustache Bash back in February, and I intended on sharing the recipe shortly after the party. Have I mentioned I can't remember anything since giving birth? It's true -- Dean definitely took some of his mama's brain cells when he entered this world. AHHH! So, better late than never -- this is a great dressing for anytime of the year, but especially yummy in the spring & summer because it's served with a strawberry salad {or doesn't have to be -- I didn't add them to my salad last night}.


My mom is hysterical with her recipes -- most of the time she doesn't really follow recipes, so when she shares her creations with me, the measurements always make me laugh {LOVE you Mommy!}.

Poppyseed Dressing ::

In a salad dressing cruet, add the following ::

~ 2 Tbsp lime juice
~ 1 tsp lime juice
~ 1/2 tsp salt
~ 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar {heaping Tbsp's as per my mom's instructions -- hehe}
~ 1/2 tsp dry mustard
~ 1 tsp finely diced onion
~ 1 Tbsp poppyseeds
~ 1/2 cup EVOO {canola oil works too}

**Shake all of these ingredients in the cruet

~ Lastly, add approximately 1/4 cup half & half {this is what make it creamy}

**Shake again and refrigerate until you are ready to serve

ENJOY!

*****************************************


Girls' Night was really fun! Full post coming on Monday!

Here's a quick peek at my signature cocktail for the night -- a spiked watermelon slushy! Stay tuned for more of the juicy details and lots of yummy recipes!

**TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment