Thursday, July 22, 2010

{Baking ~ Sorta} Ice Cream Pies!


I think I've established that 1.) I like to entertain AND 2.) In a not-spend-hours-prepping-in-the-kitchen kind of way. Right? So, here's another EASY dessert idea that I just whipped up for my dad's birthday dinner on Sunday. My dad is an ice cream fanatic. And if you know him, you know he's pretty much a bottom-less pit. A lean bottom-less pit. It's not fair. But he is a bit of an exercise fanatic, which probably explains the lean part.

You'll need:

~ 1 chocolate graham cracker pie crust {I made two of these}
~ 1 1/2 gallon of your favorite ice cream {I found Grasshopper Pie Limited Edition...Mmmm!}
~ Any toppings you might want to add {I like Hershey's syrup}


Just allow ice cream to soften up a bit so it's easy to spoon into the pie crust and smooth with a spoon. Then add your toppings. Put in freezer until ice cream hardens back up. Slice and serve. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment