Monday, July 19, 2010

{Details} Dean's Dedication Centerpieces

I put together the centerpieces for Dean's Dedication today, so I figured I'd give you a little peek at them!


I bought these white pots {found them at Walmart}, and I used my hot glue gun to add chocolate brown and white polka dot ribbon to them.


We are having a private Dedication at The Rushes at Town & Country Golf Links in Woodstown with a celebration brunch immediately following. The Rushes is a pretty casual restaurant, so I wanted something simple yet summery for the tables. I also wanted to add a little pop of color since Dean, myself, and my husband will all be in cream and chocolate brown tones that day. ****By the way, if you watched Regis & Kelly today, Kelly wore a very similar dress to the dress I will be wearing for the Dedication. The only difference is that hers was A LOT shorter than mine and she looked about a million times better in it than I do in mine ~ ha!****


I REALLY wanted to plant sunflowers in my pots BUT the sunflower plants I found were much too large. They would have toppled over, so....


....I went with these orangey impatients that will fit inside the pots much better. Flowers are pretty slim pickins' right now, but Platts had a fairly large selection of impatients, which are better for an inside venue anyway because they prefer shade.


Lastly, I made "centerpiece sticks" to stick in each pot. I used a photo corner rounder to round the edges of the paper and hot-glued a skewer to the back of each as the "stick". I also tied a little piece of brown ribbon around the stick.



ALSO WORKING ON & WILL BE POSTING SOON:
~ Dean's cake & cake topper
~ Brunch menus
~ Programs for his little service
~ His outfit {currently being made}
~ Pics from the day {which will be taken by my friend Lori of Lori Leigh Photography}

****I made a post on July 8th for a "Fruit Thing". I forgot to add AN EGG to the list of ingredients. I am soooooo sorry if anyone tried this and it didn't turn out. Glad you hadn't made yours yet, Jane!****

No comments:

Post a Comment