Thursday, August 19, 2010

{Recipes} Stuffed Mushrooms


I made these yummy little stuffed mushrooms tonight for a Girls' Night with some of my high school friends that I still keep in touch with. My mother-in-law makes these all of time and I LOVE them. They are easy and delicious!

Ingredients:
~ 2 packages baby bella mushrooms
~ 1/2 onion - diced
~ 1/4 stick butter
~ breadcrumbs
~ parmasean cheese {shaker cheese}
~ parsley
~ S & P

Directions:
~ Tear off stems of mushrooms and place in food processor {I put mine in my chopper so they are finely chopped}
~ Place remaining mushrooms tops on a greased cookie sheet {use spoon to push out sides so you have a nice area to place filling}
~ Melt butter in skillet
~ Add diced onions {they should be translucent}
~ Add finely chopped mushrooms stems
~ Sprinkle a little parm cheese and add small amounts of breadcrumbs at a time, stopping to stir in between to get the right consistency {mixture should be a nice consistency to spoon into mushroom tops}
~ Add a little parsley for color and S & P for taste
~ Spoon warm mixture into mushroom tops
~ Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes
~ Add toothpicks for easy grabbing!


I just happened to find these adorable pinwheel picks in my cabinet tonight. I bought them at Pier One Imports years ago and had completely forgotten about them! Cute, right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment