Friday, September 3, 2010

{Recipes} Not Your Average Cheese Steak Sandwich!


I made these yummy cheese steak sammies tonight for me and my hubby. We took a break from our usual wine & pizza Fridays to try something a little different. My sister shared this recipe with me a while ago, and I'd forgotten how good it is! Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
~ Steak of your liking
~ Baguette
~ 1/2 tub crumbled blue cheese
~ mayo {to taste}
~ 1 red onion
~ EVOO & balsalmic vinegar

Directions:
~ Season your steak with S&P and grill or broil {I marinate mine in a little Caesar dressing too for some added flavor}
~ Slice steak in thin strips once finished grilling or broiling
~ Slice red onion and saute in a little EVOO and balsalmic vinegar
~ Cut your baguette in half and toast in oven for approximately 5 minutes
~ Combine your blue cheese with a little mayo {for creaminess}. Mix together - will have lumps because of the blue cheese
~ Spread blue cheese/mayo mixture on toasted baguette
~ Top with the steak and then red onion
~ Dip in ketchup if desired
~ YUM!


{Red onion & blue cheese/mayo mixture ~ both of these totally make the sandwich!}


I served my sammies with some fresh asparagus drizzled with EVOO and seasoned with S&P {then bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes}. Homemade sweet potato wedges would be really good with this meal too.

My husband LOVED this meal! If your guy loves steak like mine does, I'm thinking this meal will be total hit!

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND! {Normally I love a holiday weekend, but this one is tough as I am leaving my boy on Tuesday to return to work after a 7 month maternity leave. So thankful for the wonderful amount of time I've had at home with him to nurture and nurse and love him but still...I'M SO SADDDDDDD...gonna be a rough week. Make that month!}

No comments:

Post a Comment