Friday, September 24, 2010

{Recipes} Pumpkin Apple Muffins


I made some of these yummy pumpkin apple muffins last night to bring into school today for my teammates. A little Friday pick-me-up if you will :-} This is a great fall recipe passed down to me from my fav cook of all time, my very own MAMA! If it weren't for her, my recipe box would be empty :-}


Ingredients:
~ 2 1/2 cups flour
~ 2 cups sugar
~ 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice {I did not have any of this on hand so I used a combo of cinnamon & nutmeg}
~ 1 tsp baking soda
~ 1/2 tsp salt
~ 2 eggs, lightly beaten
~ 1 1/2 cups pumpkin
~ 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
~ 2 cups finely chopped apples

Directions:
~ Combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda & salt in one bowl
~ In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin & oil. Then add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients until moist.
~ Stir in apples
~ Spoon into greased muffin cups
~ Bake on 350 degrees for approximately 35-40 minutes
~ Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar once out of oven
~ ENJOY!


As you can see, I piped cream cheese frosting onto some of my muffins. I also found these cute school themed buttons at JoAnn's the other day and stuck one on the top of each frosted muffin. I thought they'd be a cute back-to-school treat for my teacher friends :-}


TGIF!!! Have a FAB weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. i am so clueless i didn't even know what piping was! hahah :) i looked it up and got a little video lesson on how to do it on bettycrocker.com. can't wait to try these when i get home. my man LOVES everything pumpkin so this should be a hit! did you make the frosting yourself or just buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ame! I bought the cream cheese frosting {Betty Crocker I think} and just scooped it into the bag and then piped it onto the muffins. Really good!

    ReplyDelete