Thursday, December 16, 2010

{DIY} Card Display


The flood gates have opened and the Christmas cards have begun pouring in! I get excited each day as new cards arrive. My fav? Seeing the pictures of the families, especially the kids. I love to look at those little blessings until at least New Years Day.

So when you have a small home, the question becomes, where do you display ALL of these sweet smiling faces??? This year I decided to create my own DIY card display. A little cheesy, but it gets the job done.

I have a small wall space in my kitchen that is open. I cut about a 3-4 foot piece of red ribbon with lime ticking and attached it with double-sided tape to a shower hook {kinda weird but it works}. Every time a new Christmas card arrives in the mail, I attach it to the ribbon with double-sided tape. The picture above only shows a few cards, but this ribbon is now almost full! The cards run almost the entire length of the wall.

Easy and expensive fixes -- that's what it's all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment