Monday, January 3, 2011

{Home Improvements} And So it Continues...


The home improvement projects have crept from the kitchen into the family room. Ahhh! One of my New Year's resolutions is to simplify, and although it seems like I'm making things more complex, the improvements really are an effort to simplify life {and all our stuff} a little!

Here's a "before" shot of our family room. This was the set I bought for my first apartment. It was simple, neutral, and comfortable, but that set-up provided no space for my boy to play or a storage area for his toys. So, it was time to update things a bit. Thankfully, the old furniture sold and was picked up this afternoon, just in time for the new furniture to arrive tonight. The room is not even close to being done yet, but I've got lots of ideas. Let's just say a trip to Home Goods is already in the works for this coming weekend!

The deadline for completion of all our home improvement projects is mid-February. I'll be hosting my son's first birthday party at the end of that month, and all of this madness needs to be finished by then! I will post "after" shots as we progress.

COMING SOON:
~ New & improved {space-wise} family room
~ Kitchen renovations {new floor & small built-in}
~ Stef & Jason's wedding suite
~ Krissy's new blog header
~ Patty's custom recipe cards
~ Dean's 1st birthday party invitations
...AND MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment