Thursday, January 13, 2011

{Recipes} Pizza Burgers


I shouldn't have labeled this post as a "recipe" because really, there's nothing to pizza burgers. They are a quick and super simple meal that I usually throw together when I'm eating alone for the night. My hubby just started another graduate class this past week, so rather than cook for myself, I just whipped up some of these babies the night he had class.

Pizza burgers are something my mom made up when my siblings and I were young. She would make these on nights when she and my dad were going out, and we had a babysitter. These are perfect for those nights when you're in a rush or going out but still need to get some sort of dinner on the table for your family.

Ingredients:
~ English muffins or bagels {I like to use whole wheat}
~ Spaghetti sauce or meat sauce {I used leftover sauce from a batch of crockpot sausage, peppers & onions I made earlier in the week}
~ Shredded mozzarella cheese or a pizza cheese blend
~ Parmesean shaker cheese
***Any other toppings you might like to add to your pizza burger

Directions:
~On a lightly greased cookie sheet, place separated muffins or bagels with their inside facing up {you can toast lightly beforehand but don't have to}.
~Scoop your sauce on top of each one {add any additional toppings}
~ Sprinkle with a little parm cheese and then add your mozzarella cheese on top
~ Place in a pre-heated oven {350 degrees} and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.

***I also made a green salad to go with my pizza burgers. Bo missed out that night...ha!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment