Sunday, January 2, 2011

{Recipes} Crockpot Beef Stew


Well, I'm back in the kitchen after a week of vacation. We spent almost every night last week either out to dinner, at someone's home for dinner, or eating leftovers...it was SO NICE and gave me a break from cooking.

It's back to reality now and in this cold January weather, there's nothing I love more than a good beef stew. I threw this recipe together tonight and just need to start the crockpot in the morning before I leave for work. I'm pairing my stew with some crusty bread.

Ingredients:
~ 1 pound stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces
~ 2 potatoes, peeled & cubed
~ 3 carrots, sliced {I used baby carrots}
~ 1 onion, sliced
~ 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
~ 2 cups beef broth

Directions:
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Makes 4-6 servings.

***I'll let you all know how this is after I have some for dinner tomorrow night! And I will post a pic of the finished product!

{UPDATE}: Mmmmm! This was very yummy! I added some peas, and it needed a little S&P but other than that, PERFECT! Dean had a little stew too ;-}

***In all honesty, I'm TOTALLY bummed about heading back to work tomorrow morning. What a treat it was to be home all week with my family. Luckily, after a little pick-me-up chat with my number one girl {my mama}, I'm feeling better and keeping my head up! I have a great job, the BEST babysitters in the entire world for my sweet boy, and SO MUCH to be thankful for and look forward to in 2011! Although it does majorly stink to be heading back to work, I'm going to do my best to kick off the first Monday of the NEW YEAR on a positive note. Wishing the same for all of you. Blessings to you & yours in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment