Wednesday, January 12, 2011

{Home Improvements} Family Room Progress...

We're finally starting to make some real progress in the family room...PHEW! Having a bonus day off because of snow really helped because it gave me a little more of that cherished stuff that I don't seem to have much of these days....ya know, TIME! Thank goodness because I'm not so good with the transition phase of home improvement projects ;-} Here's what we've got so far...

We opted for a comfy sectional instead of a couch, loveseat, and chair like we had before. It's a nice spacesaver, and it allows my hubby and I to be on the same piece of furniture when we settle in for the night and watch a little tv. Our sectional is a light stone color {not brown like pictured above}.

We also decided to go with a leather ottoman since our little man is ALL OVER THE PLACE! Dean's already had a few bumps and bruises and this might help "cushion" any future accidents...oh geez! We opted for a square ottoman instead of a rectangular one because space is an issue, and this is not so big that it overtakes the room.


This is an inspiration picture my husband will be using to build a built-in bench with storage in the window alcove where the loveseat previously sat {see a pic here}. This will provide some additional seating when entertaining guests {not to mention I'm sure Ginger"snaps" will overtake that space immediately as she loves looking out those windows}. Once completed, I'll finish it off with a cushion top and probably some soft, fluffy pillows.


Lastly, in addition to some shelving, I'm thinking about doing something similar to the above pic to one of the walls in my family room {pic from How Does She}. I love canvases, but the same look could be accomplished just by using picture frames.

WE'RE GETTIN' THERE! KITCHEN NEXT!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    Can't wait to see the family room finished. I love the sectional and you are lucky Bo is so handy and can build the window bench storage. Thanks for sharing and for all your inspiration. ♥ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh...I am going to have to steal that photo wall idea with the letter for Emily's room!!!!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete